Project Seminar: "Customer Relationship Management System" *
Name of module: Project Seminar: "Customer Relationship Management System" *
Exam number: 6613
Duration of the module: Ein Semester
Form of the module (i.e. obligatory, elective course): Wahlpflicht
Frequency of module offer: Summer semester 2010
Prerequisites: Zulassung zum Masterstudium.
Applicability of module for other modules and study programmes:
als T-Modul im Track "IOM"
Person responsible for module: Prof. Dr. Karl Kurbel
Name of the professor: Prof. Dr. Karl Kurbel, Dipl.-Ing. Ilja Krybus, Ivo Stankov, M.Sc.
Language of teaching: Englisch
ECTS-Credits (based on the workload): 14 (Masterseminar)
Workload and its composition (self-study, contact time):
Masterseminar: Kontaktzeit (Vorlesung, Übung, Seminar etc.) 240 Std.; Selbststudium: 180 Std.
Contact hours (per week in semester): 8
Methods and duration of examination:
Grades will be based on a number of individual deliverables (e.g. project plan, business model) to be specified at the beginning of the project.
Emphasis of the grade for the final grade: 2*2/29 (Masterseminar)
Aim of the module (expected learning outcomes and competencies to be acquired):
Result-oriented project work.
Contents of the module:
This project seminar will be conducted as a follow-up project to the IOM master's seminar in summer semester 2009 entitled "Offshore Internships in India as a Business". Participants will base their work on the previously developed organization “VIBE Internships” that provides internships in leading Indian high-tech companies for German students.
The scope of the SS 2009 project did not include the definition, creation and practical establishment of a robust customer relationship management (CRM) system. Professional management of communication with potential and effective applicants, current interns and alumni is a critical success factor from an operational and marketing point of view.
In this project seminar, you will
- explore the main concepts and practices of customer relationship management,
- analyze the specific needs for a CRM system of VIBE Internships,
- define the business processes involved, and create a CRM concept,
- create a market analysis of current feasible customer relationship management system solutions,
- select, customize and implement a solution that fits VIBE Internships’ goals best,
- learn how to use methods and tools of modern customer relationship management,
- document, analyze and present the implemented solution,
- receive a certificate of participation describing your role and results in the project.
Since this is a real project, which will encompass more than the main areas pointed out above, interested participants are expected to show a robust and sustainable commitment throughout the semester. To be admitted to the project, you have to submit:
- a letter of motivation (why do you want to participate, apart from getting ECTS points)
- curriculum vitae
- copies of bachelor's degree and grades report; master's grades obtained so far
by March 10, 2010.
For more information, please contact Ivo Stankov (email@example.com).
Teaching and learning methods:
Communicating/working with real-world enterprises
Literature (compulsory reading, recommended literature):