Business and Economics
The Department Viadrina International Affairs is responsible for the recognition of foreign academic records at the Faculty of Economic Sciences in cooperation with the Faculty's Examination Board. Contact person: Torsten Glase.
EXCEPTION: The programme coordination of MES is responsible for the recognition in the Master's programme European Studies (MES).
Recognition of academic achievements directly with the corresponding professors is not possible without exception.
Note: Answers to many questions regarding the recognition can be found in our FAQ.
As a student of Economic Sciences, you should discuss the recognisability of your course selection at the foreign university with Torsten Glase. To do this, have the course description of the foreign courses and the desired module group (specialisation) ready in which you would like to have the courses credited.
The following options are available for this purpose:
If you are staying in a European country with Erasmus+, please complete the Online Learning Agreement. Once completed, this is automatically forwarded to us. After the creditability of the courses has been checked and, if necessary, discussed with you again and adjusted, we forward the OLA to the partner university. You can check the processing status at any time in the OLA portal. If, contrary to expectations, the partner university does not accept this digital version after you have completed the OLA, you can still use the (old) paper-based Learning Agreement, which you can find in the download area under Erasmus+ Programme. During the stay, it is no longer possible to switch from paper-based to OLA.
- In case of a stay in a country outside of Europe, please fill in the Learning Agreement (for checking recognition), which you can find in the download area under Non-EU Programmes, and send it by e-mail (processing time approx. 2-4 weeks).
Note: The courses offered at our partner universities can be found directly on their websites. In some cases, students who have already been abroad list information about this in their student reports.
Before changing courses in the OLA, consult with Torsten Glase regarding the necessary changes. In this way, you can be sure that the changed courses will be recognised. Please send an e-mail with the following content:
- In case of a stay in a European country with Erasmus+, the Online Learning Agreement must be updated in the section: during the mobility.
- In the case of a stay in a country outside of Europe, the Learning Agreement (for approval), which you can find in the download area under Non-EU Programmes (processing time approx. 2-4 weeks). Alternatively, send the following information by e-mail:
- Your course of study at Viadrina
- Name of the foreign university
- Course title
- Course description
- Number of ECTS credits, credits (units) of the course
- Viadina module for which you would like to have the course recognised.
If you do not consult with Mr. Glase, the course change may be rejected in the OLA.
The recognition of academic achievements directly with the respective professors is not possible. For the recognition after your stay abroad, you must send or submit the following documents by e-mail:
- The completed application for recognition of foreign academic achievements in Word format by e-mail.
- Bachelor IBA/IBWL (german, english)
- Bachelor Wirtschaft und Recht | Recht und Wirtschaft (german)
- Master IBA (german, english)
Processing time approx. 2-4 weeks. After your recognition has been checked, your grades will automatically be forwarded to the Examinations Office for register them in ViaCampus (HIS portal).