Please consider that in case of non-participation at exams due to sickness students are obligated to hand in a medical certificate with the examination board (not the examination office) after the decision not to participate at exams.
Please consider regulations for the taking of examinations abroad.
Examination periods / schedule
- First date examinations are usually taking place directly the week a block had finished. The examinations of the second date are usually taking place during the last two weeks of a semester. (winter semester: the last two weeks of March; summer semester: the last two weeks of September)
exam schedule winter semester 2020/2021 (following soon)
exam schedule summer semester 2020 (Date: 10.09.2020)
exam schedule for re-scheduled retake exams winter semester 2019/2020 (Date: 24.06.2020)
Please consider: All written examinations at the Faculty of Business Administration and Economics scheduled for the period from 16 March to 27 March 2020 were cancelled! The cancelled written examinations offered in the 25th calendar week (15 June - 19 June 2020) and 27th calendar week (28 June - 3 July 2020).
Conducting presence examinations in the Corona period
In view of the restrictions on university operations due to the Corona crisis and in order to ensure that the applicable hygiene regulations and distance regulations are observed throughout, special organizational precautions will apply to participation in presence examinations, about which we would like to inform you in the following and for the implementation of which we are also dependent on your cooperation:
- Persons who show symptoms of an infection with the Corona virus or who are in domestic quarantine due to an order of the responsible authority are not allowed to enter the Viadrina buildings. In such a case you will not be able to attend the examinations.
- In good time before the exam, the responsible professorship will send you further details by email in preparation for the examination. This letter is a confirmation of admission to the examination rooms. It will also provide you with detailed information on all organisational issues associated with taking the exam.
- Admission to the testing room is expected to take place one hour before the start of the exam in groups of max. 10 students. You will be informed of the specific group allocation with the certificate of admission. It is imperative that you are punctual for the exam. If you arrive late after your admission date (even if only one minute late), regardless of whether with or without a valid reason, you will not be able to take the exam, as the planned schedule can then no longer be adhered to. Please also note that you will have to wait in the open air until you are admitted. During the waiting period you must observe the distance rules. We will not be able to offer you waiting facilities in closed rooms.
- At least for entering and leaving the test-room you have to wear a mouth and nose protection.
- In the testing room, the assignment of seats will be made in such a way that the required minimum distance of 1.5 meters in each direction is maintained.
- By entering the examination room you agree to leave it only with the group assigned to you (exceptions are urgently necessary toilet visits). Toilets can only be used by one examinee per testing room at a time. It is ensured that at least one toilet room is available for each testing room and that the allocation is clearly visible. If a candidate wishes to leave the room to go to the toilet, this is to be made possible in rooms with fixed rows of chairs in such a way that up to half of a row of chairs all candidates rise, step out of the row and thus allow access while maintaining the required distance. Squeezing through the rows of chairs is prohibited.
- Students with physical disabilities or from risk groups may apply for special conditions in the conduct of the examination, stating their risk or restrictive situation, by the end of the respective deadline for registration for the examination at the responsible examination board by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All students who wish to participate at exams will have to register in time! Students without any prior registration will be exempted from exams! No exceptions are made!
- Please note: It is your responsibility to arrive punctually to the indicated examination dates.
Students can only participate in exams, if they can prove their identity with their official ID card (or passport) in addition to their student ID card. Therefore, please bring your ID / Passport in addition to your student ID card if you take an exam.
Expectant and nursing mothers: Students who wish to pass exams within the law on the protection of expectant and nursing mothers, need to make a written declaration to the examination board about their ability and willingness to participate at an exam (next to the usual registration via Hisportal). The inability to participate at an exam can be revoked at any time before the start of the exam. Then, the examination board requires a medical bill about the beginning of the maternity protection law.