Frequently Asked Questions
What do I have to pay attention to in order to take an exam?
What do I have to pay attention to when I get sick?
I didn't pass an exam.
I would like to learn a language.
I must/will study abroad.
What do I have to consider if I want to write my thesis?
Who is my mentor?
- At the start of your studies, you will be informed who your mentor is.
How long can I study?
- Information on regular study period, mandatory student advisory service, allowance for disadvantages, equality of opportunity
How and when do I have to register for the next semester?
I would like to take a leave of absence.
- Please note that you are not entitled to attend courses and to provide certificates of achievement during your leave of absence. It is also not possible to register your thesis during your leave of absence. Further information on leave of absence (holiday semester)
My student ID card with a semester ticket is gone.
Protection against password loss (viaCampus, e-mail, Moodle).
I have to work alongside my studies and/or look after family members.
I have achieved academic and examination achievements outside the Viadrina.
Can I credit Master's courses in the Bachelor's programme?
- Crediting of Master's modules in the Bachelor's degree programmes is not possible! However, it is generally possible for Bachelor students to participate in the Master's modules.
What opportunities do I have to finance my studies?
Certificates for the BAföG Office ...
- ... confirms the responsible examination board.
Where and how do I get my certificate?
I have finished my studies or want to finish them.
Do you have any further questions that have not been answered here?
- Then simply contact the academic advisory service.