Can I choose the language of the thesis?
- Yes, you may write your thesis in either German or English.
What are the chair´s expectations for the colloquium presentation?
- Your research pitch should contain a research question, an explanation of the research gap/problem, a preliminary content page (line of argumentation) and an overview of important high quality literature to be used for working on the proposed topic (max. five slides & 5min in total).
- You are expected to send your presentation the day before the colloquium to firstname.lastname@example.org
What is the scope of my Bachelor's or Master's thesis?
- Bachelor students must write 9.000 words (& max. 30 pages) only including the main text body (i.e., references, table of contents etc. do not count)
- Master students must write 18.000 words (& max. 55 pages), only including (i.e., references, table of contents etc. do not count)
How long is my writing time?
- Your official writing time starts the day of the colloquium and ends according to the working time specficied in the study-specific regulations.
Will you assign the topic of the thesis? Is there an option to choose my own topic?
- Generally, your thesis’ topic will be assigned based on a current research problem. However, there is the option to propose your own topic (see below).
If I chose my own topic, can I write about the topic of XY?
- Bachelor students are given a list of topics to choose from. Master students may propose own topics, if they relate to a current research problem in the fields of Strategic Management, Organization and Entrepreneurship.
Is it also possible to conduct an empirical study for my thesis?
- For Bachelor students we only offer conceptual (i.e. non-empirical) topics. Master students who have studied qualitative methods with at least good results can opt for an empirical topic after prior consultation.
Can I write my thesis together with a company?
- Generally, the process of data collection and data analysis has proven to be very complex for the purpose of a final thesis. However, empirical-based theses are possible in the context of current research projects of the chair.
Who will supervise my thesis?
- One member of the chair will be assigned by the professor in order to supervise your thesis and support you during this process.
When can I start to write my thesis?
- There is a unified starting date for Bachelor’s and Master's theses, which starts with our colloquium. You will need the time from the supervision acceptance to the colloquium to work out your topic more precisely and to prepare a proposal presentation for the colloquium.
How should I quote/cite?
- You must cite and edit your references according to the rules of the APA style guide (7th ed.).
- Exception: You must always indicate the page number of in-text citation, also for indirect citations!
How should I format my thesis?
- The chair will provide a template with pre-configured settings
How do I submit my thesis?
- Submit your thesis to the examination office in accordance with the guidelines of your study and examination regulations. For further information you must refer to the examination office.