Optimization with Metaheuristics
This course contains in the first part an introduction to the programming language Python. In the second part we will discuss certain heuristic solution methods for difficult planning problems. As a prerequisite you should have already attended either the course “Production and Operations Management” or “Supply Chain Management and Logistics”. It is also sufficient if you have attended such courses already in your bachelor program. Knowledge of any programming language is helpful but not mandatory.
The course takes place in the 1st block of the winter term 17/18. The first lecture will be held on October 12th, 2017.
|Lectures (Prof. Almeder)||Thursday, 09:00-13:00||AM 203|
|Tutorials (Hein)||Thursday, 14:00-16:00||AM 203|
|Presentation of the assignment||23.11.||AM 203|
|Final exam||27.11.- 01.12.|
- The number of participants is limited to 20 students.
- Please enrol yourself in Moodle until October 11, 2017 (Password: MH1718)
- Upload a summary of your grades (or: a copy of your bachelor certificate)
- 2 small assignments (10%)
- 1 assignment incl. presentation (20%)
- Final exam (70%)
- You need to bring your own laptop.
- Download and install
- All materials will be uploaded in Moodle