Microeconomics of Financial Markets (R-Module)
Exam number: 5044
Semester: from 1st semester
Duration of the module: One semester
Form of the module (i.e. obligatory, elective etc.): Elective
Frequency of module offer: Each third semester
Prerequisites: Participation in the track module "Microeconomics of Financial Markets"
Applicability of module for other study programmes:
Obligatory or elective in other study programmes. For further information check regulations of the study programme.
Person responsible for module: Prof. Dr. Karl L. Keiber
Name of the professor: Prof. Dr. Karl L. Keiber
Language of teaching: English
ECTS-Credits (based on the workload): 6
Workload and its composition (self-study, contact time):
Contact time (lecture, tutorials, seminar etc.) 15 h; self-study: 165 h
Contact hours (per week in semester): 1
Methods and duration of examination:
Submission of a seminar paper or slide set and presentation of the major findings.
Emphasis of the grade for the final grade: Please check regulations of the study programme
Aim of the module (expected learning outcomes and competencies to be acquired):
Participants get to know and understand
- recent research papers, research approaches, and research methods in the field
They are able
- to apply recent research approaches and research methods themselves
- self-organization in groups and development of the ability to work in teams
- time management before and during presentations
- preparation of written academic pieces
- preparation of reports and speeches
- application of seleted techniques for presentation
- academic discourse and scientific discussion
Contents of the module:
In-depth studies of selected research problems in the field.
Teaching and learning methods:
Teamwork, presentation, discussion
Literature (compulsory reading, recommended literature):
Cf. track module with the same title.
Registration in Moodle Viadrina required.